FUJIFILM Business Innovation Singapore Pte Ltd Note 1 (hereinafter referred to as "FUJIFILM Business Innovation") fully understands the inherent responsibility of "entities handling personal information" to protect personal information Note 2 of all people including customers and suppliers who provide personal information to FUJIFILM Business Innovation (hereinafter such information is referred to as "personal information" and each of such persons is referred to as "the person"). Therefore, FUJIFILM Business Innovation has established specific policies on handling personal information as stated below, and thus will make every effort to protect personal information.
1. Acquisition of Personal Information
Whenever FUJIFILM Business Innovation asks a person to provide FUJIFILM Business Innovation with his/her personal information, we specify in advance the purpose for which the personal information will be used (hereinafter referred to as "purpose of use").
In the following cases, however, we may omit specifying the purpose of use;
- When personal information is provided in a business meeting or in the exchange of business cards
- When personal information is provided on business cards at events, fairs, or seminars etc.
In these cases, FUJIFILM Business Innovation may use personal information for introducing our products and services as well as providing various information by e-mail, and marketing activities including face-to-face marketing, except when the person rejects those activities.
2. Management of Personal Information
In order to prevent leakage, alteration, loss, or use for anything other than the purpose of use, FUJIFILM Business Innovation manages personal information strictly in a safe environment under strict security according to related laws, guidelines, and internal regulations.
As for the proper handling of personal information, FUJIFILM Business Innovation executes necessary education and enlightenment to employees.
3. Use of Personal Information
FUJIFILM Business Innovation does not use personal information for anything other than the purpose of use, except under one or more of the following conditions;
- When the person has given his/her consent,
- When personal information is used in a manner whereby the person cannot be identified (e.g. statistical data),
- When use for other than purpose of use is authorized by related laws or guidelines.
4. Disclosure of Personal Information to Third Parties
FUJIFILM Business Innovation does not disclose personal information to any third parties except under one or more of the following conditions;
- When the person has given his/her consent,
- When personal information is disclosed in a manner whereby the person cannot be identified (e.g. statistical data),
- When personal information is disclosed to FUJIFILM Business Innovation dealers or affiliates etc. that have been obligated to preserve confidentiality to FUJIFILM Business Innovation (hereinafter referred to as "the business partner") within the scope necessary to perform the purpose of use,
- When FUJIFILM Business Innovation deems it appropriate for the person's inquiries or request of some materials to be answered or supported by the business partner and personal information is disclosed to such the business partner,
- When it is necessary for the settlement of payment for products purchased or services provided to disclose personal information to financial institutions etc. (This is for verifying the accuracy of bank account information or the validity of credit cards),
- When a part of the business operations of FUJIFILM Business Innovation is succeeded to other company; (FUJIFILM Business Innovation will make every possible effort so that the successor shall not leak personal information as well as not use personal information for other than the purposes of use),
- When disclosure to third parties is authorized by related laws or guidelines,
- When a judicial or administrative organization has ordered the disclosure or provision of personal information according to laws or ordinances,
- When personal information is disclosed or shared between FUJIFILM Business Innovation Co., Ltd. and its subsidiaries or between the subsidiaries within the scope necessary to perform the purposes of use.
5. Inquiries of Personal Information
A person who wishes to access, alter, or correct his/her own personal information should contact the section or staff in FUJIFILM Business Innovation to whom the person has provided their personal information (contact information site that is displayed on the Web site through which personal information has been provided). FUJIFILM Business Innovation will then respond to the person's request in a timely manner according to prescribed procedures.
In those cases, in order to prevent unlawful acquisition or alteration of personal information by third parties, FUJIFILM Business Innovation will confirm whether the request is really done by the person himself/herself.
6. Handling of Your Advice and Requests
As for advice, requests and proposals sent to FUJIFILM Business Innovation from the users, FUJIFILM Business Innovation can freely use them unless the purpose of use is specifically restricted.
However, FUJIFILM Business Innovation will acquire the person's consent when personal information is disclosed to the public or to third parties in a manner whereby the person who has provided it can be identified.
7. Handling of Personal Information on the Web Site
7.1 Use of Cookie Note 3, Web Beacon Note 4 and IP Address Note 5
- To identify the causes of problems arising at Web servers and to resolve these problems,
- To improve the contents of Web sites and e-mail,
- To customize the contents of Web sites and e-mail for the user's individual interest or purpose,
- To use browsing history by the person and the results of questionnaires for marketing by FUJIFILM Business Innovation in the service for membership system where personal information of the person has been registered in advance,
- To obtain aggregated site visitation statistics whereby the individual person cannot be identified.
In this case, however, some restrictions may occur by which some functions such as customization cannot be used.
7.2 SSL (Secure Sockets Layer)
FUJIFILM Business Innovation will use encryption by SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) or other security technologies to prevent tapping into the communication process by third parties when the person provides his/her personal information through Web sites operated by FUJIFILM Business Innovation Note 6.
However, these technologies may not be used in some rare cases because of the person's computer environment. In these cases, FUJIFILM Business Innovation will display on the Web site that security cannot be ensured in the communication process.
7.3 Respective Usage Contract
7.4 Linked Sites From FUJIFILM Business Innovation Sites
FUJIFILM Business Innovation Web sites may include links to Web sites outside FUJIFILM Business Innovation.
Although FUJIFILM Business Innovation pays full attention to the selection of the linked sites, we cannot assume responsibility for protection of personal information or contents on those Web sites outside FUJIFILM Business Innovation.
8. Compliance With Laws and Regulations
FUJIFILM Business Innovation strictly observes all local laws and internal regulations that are applicable related to personal information.
9. User Registration
- This service is provided only for the customers in Singapore.
- Those who are outside of Singapore cannot carry out user registration nor use the services in principle.
Note 1: "Subsidiary" means the Japanese company, for which FUJIFILM Business Innovation Co., Ltd. holds the majority of voting rights directly or indirectly.
Note 2: "Personal information" means information concerning individuals such as name, age, birth date, gender, address, phone number, mail address, place of employment, number of credit card and information for which the individual specified can be identified by one item or a combination of two or more of items as described above.
Note 3: "Cookie" is identification information that is transmitted to the person's browser by servers and is preserved on the browser side for effective operations of Web sites.
Note 4: "Web beacon" is technology to acquire aggregated site visitation statistics of access to the specified Web pages using cookies.
Note 5: "IP address" is a number that can specify the computer accessing the servers. (User of computer cannot be specified.)
Note 6: Some Web sites operated by FUJIFILM Business Innovation may not support SSL by restrictions of systems or other reasons. In these cases, FUJIFILM Business Innovation will display on such Web sites that security cannot be preserved in communication process.